Monday, May 16, 2016

We Own It by Angelo Cabrales

 I remember the first time that i heard this song I was looking for videos of my favorite boxer Canelo Alvarez when i found a video that said Canelo Alvarez training motivation then when I clicked on the video it played clips of all of Canelo’s training and fight’s along with the song. And i thought that this song with this video was really cool so I started watching it more often not just for watching canelo’s training but also so i can hear the great song. I would have to say I was about 13 years old and i had finished watching the Cotto .v. Canelo fight and it hit me I should on the internet and see if there are any videos or parodies of Canelo training and that's when i found a parody with a song made by 2 Chainz. But something i gotta say really stuck with me was the lyrics. This song was made by Toughed Epps A.K.A 2 Chainz born September 12,1977 because of the fact that that the producer of the Fast and Furious 6 to make an inspirational never say die soundtrack. The name of the song is “We Own It” and i believe that the theme is that you only have one shot for everything and you need to face your fears and do what you need to do 2 Chainz conveys this by using metaphor and verbal irony.images.jpg 2 Chainz uses metaphor to convey the theme that you can't and shouldn't give up. Because you only have one shot for everything so you need to face your fears and do what you need to do because if you don’t you won't have as many options as you did before and you won't feel accomplished. The reason i think this is because 2 Chainz uses these lyrics “stuck to the plan always say that we would stand up never ran we the fam and loyalty never change up been down since day 1 look at where we came from”. This is how he conveyed metaphor because because he was talking about stood up never ran he means that you have to stay committed on what you have to do.                                                                                                                                                     I believe that 2 Chainz also conveys the theme by using verbal irony. Because 2 chainz lyrics says that “I never fear death or dyin I only fear never trying” now from what I can tell he is conveying that the only thing in life you have to be scared of is never trying. This is how 2 Chainz conveys verbal irony because he was talking about 1 thing but meant something else by saying “I never fear death or dyin I only fear never trying”( he means that he only fears never trying. Personally i agree with this message because nowadays you don't have a lot of chances or opportunities so you need to try/do what you need to do.

I would say that the things that made me think of this song is the fact that the artist adds their identity. Along with the lyrics of the song such as “I am not to be played because it can get dangerous”. Now this really stood out to me because it’s making it seem that you aren't to be messed with.Something that also made me think is how the artist not only made this vid/song for the fast and furious but on how he resembles it strongly by saying, “I am not to be played with because it can get dangerous see these people I ride with” . Now after researching this song I would have to say that not only does this song have a great beat and lyrics but also a very strong message. I think its strong once you dont try anything you wont have as many options as you would when you had the oportunity.You see I think about that alot when it comes to life becouse life has alot to do with choices you make becouse sertain oportunities only come once in your life weather you take the oportunity is up to you. But you can only do it by trying new things that you are afraid so you can take that opportunity you're given.

1 comment: