Monday, May 16, 2016

¨The Monster¨'by Christian Zuleta

I was sitting in Ms. Carnes´ class and worried cause I didn't know what song to put. Luckily I had my good buddy Miguel to give me a song. He chose the song “The Monster” so I wrote it onto my paper and just hoped for the best. I was familiar with the song it's just that I never really heard it intentionally by that I mean that the only way I would hear it was on the radio but was still like almost never. So when I got home I decided to listen to it a couple of times since I would be writing about it. After I heard it I kinda liked the song and was relieved that Miguel gave me a good song to write about. Eminem is a rapper who  was born on october 17, 1972, in St Joseph, Missouri. His full name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III and he released his first album in 1999 called the “The Slim Shady LP”.
Eminem uses similes,rhyme and symbolism throughout the song to convey the theme that sometimes fame isn't always worth it.

By using allusion, Eminem helps his listener understand that fame isn't always worth it in his opening verse Eminem raps about how fame can come in different methods. He poses the question, ¨I wanted the fame, but not the cover of newsweek / oh well, guess beggars can't be choosey¨ (¨Monster¨5-6). In this line Eminem shows how fame can come in different methods cause you can be known for someone good or a bad person on the news.

¨Hit the lottery oh, wee / but with what I gave up to get it was bittersweet / it was like winning a used mink / Ironic cause I think i'm getting so huge i need a shrink¨ (¨Monster¨ 14-17). By rhyming ¨mink¨ with ¨shrink¨ Eminem. By rhyming “mink” with “shrink” Eminem is explaining that the fame he has is making him worry  and lose his mind that's where the shrink part comes in shrink is a person for crazy people. What strengthens  the monster is the opening verse and use of metaphor and symbolism for example relating monster with craziness.Image result for eminem

As you can see fame isn't always worth it. The topic is important because almost everyone wants to be famous not knowing the consequences that can occur for example like Snoop Dogg because he did bad stuff from the influence of losing head. I recommend you to get an ordinary job at Gamestop and not be famous.

3 comments:

  1. one glow is that your music analysis is written well.
    and one grow is that you should give more example of devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glow is your intro is good and one grow is you should give more example of the devices

    ReplyDelete