Monday, May 16, 2016

Am I A PROBLEM? by Elie Couvson



AM I A PROBLEM?
Image result for picture of zachary lewis/ futuristic
I was introduced to the artist by Futuristic/Zachary Lewis from my brother because he really wanted me to listen to one of his songs “The greatest.” I did listen to the song and I did like the song so what I started doing was I started listening to his other songs. This song I was introduced to was a day before my  B-day when I first heard the song. The next day later i was listening to the song the greatest because I really liked the song and my bro walks in the room and all you can hear blasting in the room is the song i'm a problem by futuristic ft Sam king and Kyle. When I heard this song it reminded me of the police brutality that is in the world. I asked my brother before that who is that is that futuristic and who are those other people. He had said the other people were Sam King and Kyle. Zachary Lewis was born in June 2 1991 in Bloomington, Illinois one of the 9 children born from the family. When he was about 17 he had moved to Tempe a small town by bloomington and attended college in Illinois. The artist Futuristic uses allusion and rhymes in his song I'm a problem to show that all police brutality should be stopped.


Zachary Lewis is a hip-pop R&B rap artist and uses allusion and rhymes to help support his claim that police should be held responsible for there actions. When Zachary Lewis says in his song I'm a problem Houston we have a problem can't nobody stop em when he says this he's talking about how the police can't do anything to him to arrest him or his friends. All of his friends such as a few Sam King and Kyle could of got arrested for illegal drug selling but wasn't shown to be true. This matters because to stop police brutality takes time but can be very dangerous to encounter. Another thing is that in I'm a problem when he talks about his personal life in the beginning it's when he was a kid and the world had gained more chaos as the time went by.


Zachary Lewis uses his sense of connections to help understand the cause in his lifetime trying to stop police brutality. He also wants to stop the police brutality or he wants to encourage people to try to stop the police from continuing the police brutality. When he says in the song I'm a problem I'm no typical kid that does typical sh*t when he says the I think what it means is that when he was a kid his life wasn't really bad compared to now. This means that the life of him as a kid compared to as he is an adult now it has changed a lot up to the point where it just miserable. This matters because the next generation won't change if there isn't any change in the bad things that the world has that can be stopped but no one chooses to do it. I know for a fact that this effects a ton of people and it hurts them a lot and is connected to gentrification. There are even white people who cause crimes but don't get the same consequences as the people of color do.


Futuristic/Zachary Lewis uses all sorts of ways to have people be interested into his music. Like in one of his songs I'm a problem he uses the videos course of the white man arresting him and in the further part of the music video he shows that when a white man does a crime the officer does not arrest him at all.  He also uses his source of music to show the audience to help them know how to figure out the police brutality crimes and the police brutality forces. This helps the audience know things can get very chaotic for the world to be knowing and that there are people that can be arrested for the dumbest reasons possible.


In I'm a problem by Futuristic uses the message of that police brutality is a bad thing in the environment. This connects to me by when one of my family members got put into jail for the misleading of drug selling but he wasn't selling any illegal drugs.That was very harsh for him because he couldn't see his wife or he couldn't see his kids for 1 year so as that year past he wanted to have in mind when he gets out of jail he will tell his family including me to try to stay on the cops good side. As Zachary Lewis's family members had died and that's why I wanted to share the fact that there were murders that have been recent and yet very hurtful in many ways. His source of music was because of how his dad died, he died from a train crash his dad got pushed into a train by a police officer and he got ran over by a train causing deep sorrow into his life so that's why he writes these songs.



1 comment: