Monday, May 16, 2016

"Fame and Fortune" by Anthony Rodriguez

Fame And Fortune
It was a very windy afternoon I was arriving at my house at 5:00pm. I was very exhausted and decided to go on YouTube and I saw a new video uploaded by one of my favorite you tubers (Faze Rain), and at the end of every video it always repeated lyrics of a song, and I thought to myself what song is that?I always heard it but I never found out the name of the song. The next day I went on social media and I saw I video uploaded and I decided to watch it and it had the same song lyrics “All time Low,low,low,low” and it kept repeating in my head. I scrolled down to the comments and many people commented “All time Low” by Jon Bellion. I searched him up right away and I was very excited. After finding him there was numerous song written by him and the first one I heard was “All time low” but the second one really caught my attention and it was called “Luxury”

Jonathan "Jon" Bellion born December 26,1990, is an American singer, songwriter, producer and rapper. He was born and raised in Long Island, New York. Bellion has released four mixtapes; the most recent, The Definition was released on September 23, 2014.He grew up listening to 90s music, during his junior year of high school he started paying more attention to music, artist like Timbaland, Pharrell Williams, J Dilla, and Eminem, inspired him to start writing songs on his brothers keyboard. After high school he enrolled in a music program at Long Island Five town College.He blew up in  2013, Bellion wrote the chorus to the song "The Monster" by Eminem featuring Rihanna. This song also won a Grammy in the 2015 Grammy Awards for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. Bellion also co-wrote and produced the song "Trumpets" by Jason Derulo in 2012, which was not released until 2013 in the UK and 2014 in the USJon Bellion uses rhyme and allusion through his song “Luxury” to illustrate the message that money and fame doesn't bring happiness.
         By rhyming Bellion helps his listeners understand the fact that nothing should ever change you even if its fame or money.In the second verse Bellion described him self getting too whelmed into fame but calls his friends “Adderall”.He sang:
“We're not sad at all
We know you have to leave and we're not mad at all
You'll be back in town and we'll play basketball
And if you fall off track we'll be your Adderall
We won't let your soul drown in luxury” (“Luxury” 15-19)

In this line Bellion rhymes to show how some day he gets so pursued into fame and money and goes back to his hometown and he isn't the same, family and friends will try to make him realize who he was before fame got to him.This reveals theme that you should never think that money and fame will ever bring happiness.
By using Allusion, Jon Bellion helps his listeners that fame doesn't make you a better person.In the opening verse Bellion sings about how people might judge him and his song. He says:
In this line Bellion shows how he doesn't care about how people react to his songs.This shows theme that money and fame doesn't happiness by him not caring how much he sells, he is just proud of his songs.

           The greatest strength of luxury is the reflectiveness of the message.Jon Bellion succeeds in conveying the message to his older and younger audience.In the first verse of the song Bellion says:
“Money the jealous type, I always knew it
I knew she'd come around if I only sweat the music
But I'm starting to believe it, that's a problem to my health
Cause the size of half these checks could make me vomit on myself”
(Words 5-8)
By these four line you can see that with money you can impress many people but he gets tired of that and he feels sick when he gets big checks.
          
          Some failure in the song is the music video.In the video it lacks to show the real meaning of the song, and if your seeing this video for the first time you can get really confused of what is happening and what  it really means.It shows I young boy in the beginning waking up and then immediately being chased down by multiple huge woman.This can confuse the listeners by possibly receiving the wrong idea of the theme.

             “Luxury” are thoughts of Jon Bellion and how he really feels about money or when he gets really big paychecks, he is just trying to say that money and fame doesn't bring happiness. This songs connects to the world by many people wanting to be rich but don't know what is the cause of that.Some cause is that maybe you could possibly be all alone for a couple years and you can also have anything you want but get really sick of having everything you wanted.
Jon Bellion message is still relevant today because many singers when they use to be young they use to sing things that really matter but now they have forgotten who the are and have been whelmed by fame and money and buying ridiculous things and doing drugs.
This song gives a good message and we got to not forget who we are and share this songs with others and pass it on.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed with the Nordan Shat Vlogs! DOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is hella long dam

    ReplyDelete