Tuesday, May 17, 2016

get used to it by kaylee arriaga


When I was introduced to justin bieber i was about 10 years old and my little sister was obsessed  with him but i wasn't really into him but did like his music. After about a year i started to get into him and his music a lot more and since then i have been into both his music and himself. When I first listened to the song I didn't really like it and forgot about it for a while and when I heard it again i started liking it a lot more. The memory I have with this song is that my sister was listening to Justin Bieber’s love yourself on youtube and we were in my car and as soon as the song ended the song I had not like came on and I was surprised that it was the song that I didn't like and I was singing the song as loudly as I can even though people were looking at me all crazy I didn't care what people thinking. Justin uses metaphors and  to show the message that is getting a girl’s attention would make her feel something to be in the man’s life.

One interesting thing about the song is that Justin Bieber has many songs like this song has something different in the song the other songs don't have. It has many meanings that are easy to defy.  In the 2nd verse of the song justin bieber is singing during verse 2 which says “ And Ima april shower you forever if I may till your flowers bloom in june make sure that our fireworks be 4th of july for life as long as you stand right by my side keep going closer go throughout october oh counting down it almost christmas eve oh seven day shy of new year's eve then we’ll be celebrating”(“get used to it” line 28-39)I think that he  is trying to say that when the woman is with him and in his life he will celebrate many holidays with her and Justin uses the the months of the year to  tell the months he is going to celebrate the holidays with him.

A particular strength of the song is that the lyrics is really catchy but has lots of meaning to it and one piece of lyrics that really stands out to me was “Reflecting on the days we used to be just friends protected both our interests our trust was in a bank that’s where our hearts once safe.” (“Get used to it ” line 1-6) it makes me think of how everything that they have together will be confidential and what makes it powerful is that you know exactly what it means when you hear that verse.

A particular weakness of the song is that one piece of lyrics has not much to be in the song because it doesn't make sense. For example when the song says” So get used to me checking in all day get used to me falling through just to see our face”. (“Get ”1-4). This makes the song weaker by the song being about wanting a girl to be in his life and telling her how he's going to treat he and in this line he's saying that he wants to check in with her and when he lights up when he sees her and it has nothing to do with telling her how he's going to treat her.

On the whole wanting to tell the girl that he wants to show her how he is going to treat her when she is his girlfriend. This reminds me of any kind of romance and love movie because in almost every movie of romance they mostly don't have the girl but the fall in love and try as much as they can to get the girl they want even if they have to do something crazy or impossible they will do it anyways for love and this song reminds me of him trying to get a girl he wants and doing whatever to get her.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you were discriptive and added a lot of details.
    I think you could do better in your capitalization.

    ReplyDelete