Monday, May 16, 2016

Blank Space by Caroline Orellana

I now Taylor Swift because of my friend. My friend was saying that Taylor Swift  was a good singer, at that time I was not interested in listening the music of Taylor Swift.But one day I was looking for the music most played and one of the music it was from Taylor Swift “Blank Space” I get curious to listen to that song .When I listen to that song I liked and I didn’t stop listening the song. Taylor Swift was born in December 13, 1989 in Reading Pennsylvania. She started singing at the age of 5. Taylor sing the start-spanged “banner” at the age of 11 at Philadelphia 76ers .When Taylor Swift  was 16 years she released her first album called “tay”.Taylor sing country and pop music. The person who inspire her is her grandmother. Taylor uses simile throughout  the song to convey the theme that all good thing go to a end.


Taylor Swift uses simile to convey the theme that all good thing go to a end. In her seven verse, Swift talks about her relationship. Swift said “Cause darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream”(“Blankspace” 19 ). In this line,Swift may look like she's a total sweetheart and all, but once you get lured into her "trap", you'll find out that she's basically far from sweet. This reveals the theme that all good things go to an end by using nightmare as a symbol that the relationship will going to end bad.


Taylor Swift uses simile to convey the theme that all good thing go to an end. In her opening verse, Swift talks about when she is starting to like a boy. Swift says ¨Oh my god look at that face you look like my next mistake¨(Blank 5-6). In this line she is compares the man to a mistake in order to show that if taylor enters to the relationship with a man, it will most likely be a mistake and end badly. This reveals the theme that not all things going to be good


A particular strength of the song is the emotional. I think this is strength because it give more attraction to the song. For example in her second verse she says ¨I´m dying to see how this one end¨. This strengthens the song by using the emotions. The most problematic aspect of the song is the chorus. An example of this is when Taylor Swift sings ¨Because you now I love the players And you love the game¨. The song would have been stronger if Taylor Swift wouldn't say it loud

¨Blank space¨ is a song that convey an important theme to listeners : all good thing go to a end. This is important because everyone past in this situation of the relationship. I  recommend this song because is a good song and because it show the problems that every relationship have.

1 comment:

  1. i liked how u described the message one thing u can work on is to write use more descriptive language

    ReplyDelete