Monday, May 16, 2016

Halo, Nancy Henriquez


“Halo” Review
The first time I listened to Beyonce was when I was with my cousin, I remember that she was cleaning her room and I was looking at the music video right away I knew that the song was inappropriate by like how she was dressed I still kinda had the urge to listen to the song even though my cousin told me not to listen. After that I was tempted to listen to the song again I remember looking up the music video on my phone and not exactly getting it hyped but it lightweight juiced me up to try and sing and sing along but i just didn't know the words and that was sad. Other than that Beyonce’s songs always stood out to me and that day I will never forget the feeling I had.Beyonce is married to Jay Z, her birthday is September 7 1981 born in houston,she is louisiana creole, Her influences are Aaliyah,Prince,Lauryn HIll,ect . Beyonce uses metaphors and Rhymes to make people believe that it is okay to trust people and let them into your life. One of the devices I found was a metaphor my evidence to prove that is by reading one of her verses which is “Remember those walls I built? Well, baby they’re tumbling down”. In the previous lyrics I just mentioned, Beyonce is comparing her trust to the “walls” that are tumbling down, In order to show that he was breaking the walls she built for him. My evidence reveals the theme that its okay to trust people and let them into your life because the will do good by you.By using this metaphor the listener imagines bricks falling down which is loud and scary, we can assume that beyonce is scared of letting the tumble down. Another device I found was a rhyme, the evidence to demonstrate that is another one of her verses which are “It’s like I’ve been awakened every rule I had you breakin It’s the risk that I'm taking”. What Beyonce is trying to say that by rhyming “every rule i had you breaking” with “ It’s the risk that i'm taking”. Beyonce is connecting breaking to taking because she doesn’t trust anybody, Beyonce let him all the way in she gave him a chance to prove that she would be able to trust him.This reveals the theme that It’s okay to trust people and let them into your life because not everyone you begin to trust is toxic for you,they can really change your life.If you never give them a chance you will never know.

What makes this song most effective for me is when Beyonce says “Hit Me like a ray of sun/ Burning through my darkest nights / You’re the only one that I want / I”m addicted to your light” (“Halo” 26 -29). When Beyonce sang these lyrics,I felt that a person is capable of turning their lives around just by being around. It made me believe that you can go through the darkest times and later on receive something satisfying. This strengthens the song by giving people hope that being  all closed up and hurt won’t get you anywhere. Someone will come into your life and make you have hope for your happiness.


It’s clear that in “Halo” is a song that will help you understand that it is okay to trust people and let them into your life.This is relevant to my own life because I was constantly betrayed left and hurt by some people I was hurt that I even started to have doubts of even trusting my own family, for me trust is a big thing and when that personalized me it was like i had nothing else left that without her i was nothing but deep inside I felt like trusting the right people is such and amazing feeling it may take a while but letting someone care for and keep your trust will give you so much happiness. I will recommend that when listening to this song listen to the lyrics, to her relief in her voice when she met someone that not only valued her but value the trust she gave him and how correctly he used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment